State Meet Thursday?
10/23/2020 7:33:14 PM
User
SUBSCRIBER
Who bright idea was to have a State meet on a Thursday? That's ridiculous!!!
Who bright idea was to have a State meet on a Thursday? That's ridiculous!!!
10/24/2020 3:40:00 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
We are lucky to even get a state meet. Better on Thursday than no day! Besides, the state track meet is always during the week. That seems to work.
We are lucky to even get a state meet. Better on Thursday than no day! Besides, the state track meet is always during the week. That seems to work.
10/25/2020 11:25:17 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@Daniel40! Like marathonlance said, Be happy we have had a season and getting a State Meet. Did you think they may not have had that option? Moving to a new course at a new park, the park may not be allowing Saturday as an option due to community traffic and use, and since the state has split it into 2 days, they may not want to single out 1 division to be on Saturday. Don't know anything for fact, just glad we are having one and guessing about the situation that has been placed on them, and the fact there has never been issues on the State Track meet being held on Wed-Thur-Fri.
@Daniel40!
Like marathonlance said, Be happy we have had a season and getting a State Meet. Did you think they may not have had that option? Moving to a new course at a new park, the park may not be allowing Saturday as an option due to community traffic and use, and since the state has split it into 2 days, they may not want to single out 1 division to be on Saturday. Don't know anything for fact, just glad we are having one and guessing about the situation that has been placed on them, and the fact there has never been issues on the State Track meet being held on Wed-Thur-Fri.
10/26/2020 10:39:00 AM
Power User
For once, a couple religious schools who couldn't compete on Saturday can now!
For once, a couple religious schools who couldn't compete on Saturday can now!
10/30/2020 5:42:50 PM
User
SUBSCRIBER
@marathonlance So we can have almost all big meets in this state and the surrounding states on a Sat, but I should be thankful TSSAA can’t find a venue for Sat? Not buying it. Why do all the big meets have them on Sat? Perhaps they realize that it’s easier for teams to travel far, not interfere with school and easier for the working parents that support the programs.
@marathonlance

So we can have almost all big meets in this state and the surrounding states on a Sat, but I should be thankful TSSAA can't find a venue for Sat? Not buying it. Why do all the big meets have them on Sat? Perhaps they realize that it's easier for teams to travel far, not interfere with school and easier for the working parents that support the programs.
10/30/2020 5:48:44 PM
User
SUBSCRIBER
@Blazers65 As a coach with your perspective you may not see issues with traveling to and attending a meet in the middle of the week. As a working parent it makes it very difficult to attend, travel to and for student and teachers they miss school. Almost all large meets in this state and surrounding state are held on a Sat. Just because everyone has put up with a bad situation in the past doesn’t mean it works for everyone. They just shut up put up with it.
@Blazers65

As a coach with your perspective you may not see issues with traveling to and attending a meet in the middle of the week. As a working parent it makes it very difficult to attend, travel to and for student and teachers they miss school. Almost all large meets in this state and surrounding state are held on a Sat. Just because everyone has put up with a bad situation in the past doesn't mean it works for everyone. They just shut up put up with it.
10/31/2020 3:12:23 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Well, I guess you could always find another sport or state. No mater when and where it is, it simply won't be convenient for everyone. I wish it was on Saturday too. However, I am not privy to all the details for the decision that was made by the TSSAA. Maybe you should call them with your original question and get back with us so we all know. Once again, I'm just thankful there is a state meet this year.
Well, I guess you could always find another sport or state. No mater when and where it is, it simply won't be convenient for everyone. I wish it was on Saturday too. However, I am not privy to all the details for the decision that was made by the TSSAA.
Maybe you should call them with your original question and get back with us so we all know. Once again, I'm just thankful there is a state meet this year.
10/31/2020 6:55:54 PM
User
SUBSCRIBER
@marathonlance So rather than voice decent or question norms you think I should have my son find another sport? What a ridicules statement. I would love to know why and good suggestion. I will call and ask. Any reason TSSAA gives will be an excuse. It’s not a big deal to hold a big race on Sat like we do all big races any year including this year. Unless HS football 1sr round playoffs is their excuse. If that’s the case we should bypass TSSAA and have someone else that is committed to running host the event. KYA hands down hosts a much better MS state championship.
@marathonlance So rather than voice decent or question norms you think I should have my son find another sport? What a ridicules statement. I would love to know why and good suggestion. I will call and ask. Any reason TSSAA gives will be an excuse. It's not a big deal to hold a big race on Sat like we do all big races any year including this year. Unless HS football 1sr round playoffs is their excuse. If that's the case we should bypass TSSAA and have someone else that is committed to running host the event. KYA hands down hosts a much better MS state championship.
11/01/2020 9:26:40 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Gee whiz Daniel40!, don't be so negative. This is most likely a one time thing. It will all work out.
Gee whiz Daniel40!, don't be so negative. This is most likely a one time thing. It will all work out.
11/01/2020 9:46:27 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
While I would also love a Saturday State Meet, I do know there was a prior event scheduled at the park on November 1st. I'm not sure if that was the reason for the Thursday-Friday State Meet, but I heard they asked about November 1st.
While I would also love a Saturday State Meet, I do know there was a prior event scheduled at the park on November 1st. I'm not sure if that was the reason for the Thursday-Friday State Meet, but I heard they asked about November 1st.
11/03/2020 12:49:49 PM
Power User
Haha. Good times. Remember when TSSAA wouldn't let us preview the course at all? That was an issue for years. Remember when we coaches paid for security on the Friday before state just so they'd let us on the course? Remember when they threatened coaches with fines for being there the day before? Remember when the coaches met at the Holiday Inn--Brentwood just to press TSSAA to move the meet into the 20th Century? Or having to do a survey to change the meet to 5K from 3m? There are always issues.
Haha. Good times. Remember when TSSAA wouldn't let us preview the course at all? That was an issue for years. Remember when we coaches paid for security on the Friday before state just so they'd let us on the course? Remember when they threatened coaches with fines for being there the day before? Remember when the coaches met at the Holiday Inn--Brentwood just to press TSSAA to move the meet into the 20th Century? Or having to do a survey to change the meet to 5K from 3m? There are always issues.
11/05/2020 12:00:50 PM
User
SUBSCRIBER
They should have live streaming for those parents/supporters that can't take off work. Also Live results. It's a two lap course so there is no reason not to have intermediate team scores which would add some excitement to the race.
They should have live streaming for those parents/supporters that can't take off work. Also Live results. It's a two lap course so there is no reason not to have intermediate team scores which would add some excitement to the race.

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.