CCCL #5 Fleet Feet Old Shoe Invitational 2017
09/29/2017 10:07:19 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
I got an email looking for comments/suggestions about the course. I saw this as the NCAA guidelines and thought I would offer it as a practical way to critique the course. Width and early turns were an issue, but other than that, and the fact that the start and finish cross each other, the course was nice.
I got an email looking for comments/suggestions about the course. I saw this as the NCAA guidelines and thought I would offer it as a practical way to critique the course. Width and early turns were an issue, but other than that, and the fact that the start and finish cross each other, the course was nice.
09/29/2017 10:08:11 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Forgot the guidelines: Course Layout ARTICLE 2. The course shall be confined, as far as possible, to fields, woods and grasslands. Parks, golf courses or specially designed courses are recommended. The turf should be of a quality to promote safety and freedom from injury to the runners, keeping the following in mind: a. Dangerous ascents or descents, undergrowth, deep ditches, and in general any obstacles and hindrance detrimental to the competitors must be avoided. b. Continuous traversing of roadways should be avoided. c. The width of a championship course shall not be less than 10 meters throughout. d. The width of a nonchampionship course, and of a championship course with fewer than 30 teams or 210 individuals competing, shall not be less than 5 meters. However, for a nonchampionship course, infrequent narrow gaps of not less than 2 meters are permitted. e. The start shall be located so as to provide a long, straight route from the starting line. f. The first turn of a nonchampionship course shall not be less than 400 meters and preferably not less than 600 meters from the start. The first turn of a championship course shall not be less than 600 meters and preferably not less than 800 meters from the start. g. Turns shall be gradual. If a course layout requires a sharp turn, any such turn shall be clearly marked. The runner shall be provided with a distinct barrier through that turn. h. The last 200 meters of the course must be straight and at least 10 meters in width to the finish line."
Forgot the guidelines:
Course Layout
ARTICLE 2. The course shall be confined, as far as possible, to fields,
woods and grasslands. Parks, golf courses or specially designed courses are
recommended. The turf should be of a quality to promote safety and freedom
from injury to the runners, keeping the following in mind:
a. Dangerous ascents or descents, undergrowth, deep ditches, and in
general any obstacles and hindrance detrimental to the competitors must
be avoided.
b. Continuous traversing of roadways should be avoided.
c. The width of a championship course shall not be less than 10 meters throughout.
d. The width of a nonchampionship course, and of a championship course with
fewer than 30 teams or 210 individuals competing, shall not be less than 5
meters. However, for a nonchampionship course, infrequent narrow gaps of not
less than 2 meters are permitted.
e. The start shall be located so as to provide a long, straight route from the starting
line.
f. The first turn of a nonchampionship course shall not be less than 400 meters
and preferably not less than 600 meters from the start. The first turn of a
championship course shall not be less than 600 meters and preferably not less
than 800 meters from the start.
g. Turns shall be gradual. If a course layout requires a sharp turn, any such turn
shall be clearly marked. The runner shall be provided with a distinct barrier
through that turn.
h. The last 200 meters of the course must be straight and at least 10 meters in width
to the finish line."
09/29/2017 12:42:29 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
First sharp turn was exactly 400 meters out,although it narrowed to about 4 feet well before that. Bridge crossings were very risky(dangerous).
First sharp turn was exactly 400 meters out,although it narrowed to about 4 feet well before that. Bridge crossings were very risky(dangerous).

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.