Cherokee Classic 2013 Photo Submission
09/15/2013 4:45:21 PM
Power User
If possible, I'd like some instructions on submitting pictures. Though I submit several hundred each year, no matter what filing method I use, once the pictures are uploaded to TN Runner, the order gets changed-- sometimes dramatically as with this race. Boys races and girls races very randomly posted though there were no apparent glitches as they were uploading and the file naming was about as simple as it could be. If I'm doing something wrong or if someone has found how to beat the problem, I'd like to know, otherwise picture submission may not be worth it.
If possible, I'd like some instructions on submitting pictures. Though I submit several hundred each year, no matter what filing method I use, once the pictures are uploaded to TN Runner, the order gets changed-- sometimes dramatically as with this race. Boys races and girls races very randomly posted though there were no apparent glitches as they were uploading and the file naming was about as simple as it could be. If I'm doing something wrong or if someone has found how to beat the problem, I'd like to know, otherwise picture submission may not be worth it.
09/15/2013 7:34:49 PM
User
SUBSCRIBER
@RothRE Not sure what is happening but what I do is , make a folder for the race, make folders inside that one for any groups (random, girls, boys, awards and such) put those folders in the meet folder and when you get to the upload screen just check the one meet folder and it will make all the others sub-groups/labels. I hope this helps
@RothRE

Not sure what is happening but what I do is , make a folder for the race, make folders inside that one for any groups (random, girls, boys, awards and such) put those folders in the meet folder and when you get to the upload screen just check the one meet folder and it will make all the others sub-groups/labels. I hope this helps
09/15/2013 7:41:44 PM
Power User
@JParks Thanks. I'll have to try that again. It seemed to work to use alphanumeric file names in separate folders for boys, girls, etc-- but when I would go to look at the pictures it would switch back and forth between the folders. Looked at the numbering errors for the Cherokee race and it orders them as, 1, 10, 100, 101, 102, etc. So, going to try the 001, 002 format for a race from earlier in the year that I hadn't uploaded yet.
@JParks Thanks. I'll have to try that again. It seemed to work to use alphanumeric file names in separate folders for boys, girls, etc-- but when I would go to look at the pictures it would switch back and forth between the folders. Looked at the numbering errors for the Cherokee race and it orders them as, 1, 10, 100, 101, 102, etc. So, going to try the 001, 002 format for a race from earlier in the year that I hadn't uploaded yet.
09/15/2013 7:53:06 PM
User
SUBSCRIBER
@RothRE Not sure about the numbers I just add them to folder (never looked at the file names) but I just click the + on the folder and upload and it uses all the sub-folders as groups
@RothRE

Not sure about the numbers I just add them to folder (never looked at the file names) but I just click the + on the folder and upload and it uses all the sub-folders as groups
09/15/2013 8:28:04 PM
Power User
@JParks Thanks. Tried the simple numbering system and it was flawless. May have to try multiple folders next week shooting Trinity.
@JParks Thanks. Tried the simple numbering system and it was flawless. May have to try multiple folders next week shooting Trinity.

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.