Will Vineyard’s cross country credentials in high school were extensive. (via The Advocate & Democrat)
Is it just me or does a lack of consistency in the allowed entries, simply not make sense. Since this is a “qualifying” meet for a state championship would it not be more competitive, to have the same number of athletes in each field event? Or from a different perspective, how about attempt to involve, attract, and support as many Tennessee Athletes as possible. Not only the ones who can travel to Johnson City. Let’s be clear, it is not a time issue. (I officiated this meet last year so 8 more participants is not a factor.) There is a proven and simple remedy for time in field events, minimum marks. Coaches, athletes, and parents understand them, everybody knows the standard. Even from a business perspective they make sense, (everybody pays, why turn away hundreds of dollars in entry fees). The facility did not put participant limits on the meet organizers. So why are the different participant limits for the field events?
Seckel has served as the cross country and distance track coach at Franklin Road Academy for the last two years. (via Lebanon Democrat)
The prohibition of wearing jewelry has been removed from the rules for track and field and cross country competition. As in previous years, the wearing of a medical alert with the alert visible continues and is encouraged for purposes of risk minimization.
For the past 10 years, Clark Humphreys has been a fixture with the Vanderbilt track and field program. (via www.vucommodores.com)
Time for MileSplit to select 21 freshmen boys as part of the Future Stars of XC Team presented by Hoka One!
Time for MileSplit to select 21 freshmen girls as part of the Future Stars of XC Team presented by Hoka One!
The Tri-Cities is home to a national powerhouse, and that program has been a hidden gem in Carter County. The Milligan Cross Country and Track and Field program has been making noise for years on the national stage. Is dynasty too strong of a word to describe Milligan’s dominance in the Appalachian Athletic Conference? With 12 straight AAC titles in women’s cross country along with countless individual champions, dynasty may not be strong enough.Posted on December 19, 2014 by Editor in College, In the Spotlight, Milligan // 0 Comments (via www.cartercountysports.com)
LEXINGTON, Ky. – The Kentucky track and field teams announced an initial 2014-15 signing class of eight to join the teams next season, on Thursday.
The best cross country runner in the nation for the fall 2014 season is realeased!
HOKA ONE ONE Postal Nationals
All you need to know from Foot Locker as the cross country season comes to a close
Big news from the International Olympic Committee: Five Olympic track and field events are in danger of being cut from the competition, and the number one event at risk is the 10,000-meter foot race. (via Outside Online)
Junior Cassie Wertman wins the shot put on the first night of competition at the Hoosier Open in Bloomington, Ind. (via KNS)
Dear Doc, over the past few months, I have felt more tired than usual. It’s harder to wake up in the mornings for school and I feel like I can’t recover from running. I have not changed my training and we are entering the off season but no matter what I try, I still feel so tired. I thought that maybe it was my diet, so I stopped eating meat several months ago but it seems to be getting worse. What can I do to feel better?
Watch MileSplit's extensive race footage of the boys race from the 2014 Foot Locker Nationals.
Watch MileSplit's extensive race footage of the girls race from the 2014 Foot Locker Nationals.
Photo galleries from the 2014 Foot Locker Nationals.
Complete results of the boys race from the 2014 Foot Locker Nationals.
Complete results of the girls race from the 2014 Foot Locker Nationals.
Watch the 2014 Foot Locker Nationals live on MileSplit starting at 8 AM PST (11 AM EST) on Saturday.
- Article Comment: Why Are Participation Limits in Field Events Not the Same Across the Meet?
- 2014-15 Georgia Track/XC Coaches Association Annual Clinic registration link/information
- Daniel Boone is the Hoka One Postal National Champion for the 2-Mile
- Vote to support the effort to keep track and cross country at UNC-Wilmington
- Cross Country Coaches National Youth Championships 2014 - video
- Coaches Scheduling Meeting (Chattanooga Area) 2014
- Article Comment: Daniel Boone boys cross country team qualifies for national meet
- Article Comment: CMS' Smith named Heisman Award finalist
- Footlocker South results
- Article Comment: Catching Kayla
- Indoor Alumni Age Group Invitational - Track Clubs Welcome
- Youth Grand Prix Meet #1( Alabama Striders Indoor Classic)
- Kentucky Invitational
- KYA High School Indoor Classic
- Niswonger Invitational
- Vanderbilt Commodore Indoor
- Auburn Indoor Invitational
- Rod McCravy Memorial
- UAB Vulcan Invitational
- Vanderbilt Indoor Invitational
- Will Vineyard to Tennessee Wesleyan College
- Gus Whitman to Lee University
- Garrett Flores to Lee University
- Haley Morris to University of Tennessee-Chattanooga
- Gatashyka Lyons to Tennessee Tech
- Savannah Marlow to University of Tennessee
- Courtney Brooks to College of Charleston
- Evan McCracken to East Carolina University
- Maia McCoy to University of Tennessee
- Taejah Robertson to Tennessee Tech