Unattached athletes
04/10/2021 3:13:50 PM
User
SUBSCRIBER
Hello- Is this meet open to unattached athletes, or is it a team event only? Thanks~
Hello- Is this meet open to unattached athletes, or is it a team event only? Thanks~
04/12/2021 10:47:55 AM
User
SUBSCRIBER
@francesdingman Did you receive an answer about this? I have the same question and there is no contact person listed to reach out to directly. I was just wondering if your question was answered yet - thank you!
@francesdingman Did you receive an answer about this? I have the same question and there is no contact person listed to reach out to directly. I was just wondering if your question was answered yet - thank you!
04/12/2021 11:27:43 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@dwilkes1463 Sorry to jump in on this, but here in TN for regular high school meets, cannot accept any unattached athletes. They have to be members of their school team, not unattached or club teams
@dwilkes1463 Sorry to jump in on this, but here in TN for regular high school meets, cannot accept any unattached athletes. They have to be members of their school team, not unattached or club teams
04/12/2021 12:29:51 PM
User
SUBSCRIBER
I never heard back. It's so frustrating how few racing opportunities there are this year for states that have heavy Covid restrictions and teams that aren't entering meets outside their conferences. It's worse than XC season! If anyone knows of anything in surrounding states, I'd love to hear about them!
I never heard back. It's so frustrating how few racing opportunities there are this year for states that have heavy Covid restrictions and teams that aren't entering meets outside their conferences. It's worse than XC season! If anyone knows of anything in surrounding states, I'd love to hear about them!
04/12/2021 2:32:40 PM
User
SUBSCRIBER
@Blazers65 Thank you - that is kind of what I figured, but just wanted to check. We are looking for race opportunities
@Blazers65 Thank you - that is kind of what I figured, but just wanted to check. We are looking for race opportunities
04/12/2021 2:34:11 PM
User
SUBSCRIBER
@francesdingman I agree. We are in VA and during Fall cross country season, and even indoor track, we found several races where my daughter was able to compete as an unattached athlete. For some reason, outdoor track doesn't seem to be offering the same types of meets for club or unattached athletes. It's unfortunate
@francesdingman I agree. We are in VA and during Fall cross country season, and even indoor track, we found several races where my daughter was able to compete as an unattached athlete. For some reason, outdoor track doesn't seem to be offering the same types of meets for club or unattached athletes. It's unfortunate
04/12/2021 2:42:40 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@dwilkes1463 I can’t speak for all surrounding states, but In TN indoor is not a recognized or state sanctioned sport so all entries are unattached or club, but in outdoor there are no opportunities for unattached, they must be school team members until post season events.
@dwilkes1463
I can't speak for all surrounding states, but In TN indoor is not a recognized or state sanctioned sport so all entries are unattached or club, but in outdoor there are no opportunities for unattached, they must be school team members until post season events.
04/12/2021 2:52:04 PM
User
SUBSCRIBER
@dwilkes1463 I just entered my kids in a meet in Williamsburg on May 1. It is all unattached, and the guy running it is very responsive and helpful. They have 1600 and 3200 options (limited events). They have some really talented kids entered already. Check it out if you're looking for opportunities! Sounds like it will be fun
@dwilkes1463 I just entered my kids in a meet in Williamsburg on May 1. It is all unattached, and the guy running it is very responsive and helpful. They have 1600 and 3200 options (limited events). They have some really talented kids entered already. Check it out if you're looking for opportunities! Sounds like it will be fun
04/12/2021 2:58:22 PM
User
SUBSCRIBER
@dwilkes1463 I probably need to stop having this conversation on another meet's page, but I don't think there is a private message option. There is also a meet at Fork Union this weekend that is no longer sanctioned so is allowing unattached athletes. I don't know much about it, but again, the meet director has been great.
@dwilkes1463 I probably need to stop having this conversation on another meet's page, but I don't think there is a private message option. There is also a meet at Fork Union this weekend that is no longer sanctioned so is allowing unattached athletes. I don't know much about it, but again, the meet director has been great.
04/22/2021 10:15:17 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
The meet is only open to high school teams sanctioned by their state associations....NO unattached athletes or club teams are allowed to run. Coach Bingham Dobyns-Bennett HS
The meet is only open to high school teams sanctioned by their state associations....NO unattached athletes or club teams are allowed to run.

Coach Bingham Dobyns-Bennett HS

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.