12/09/2019 4:22:17 PM
Admin
SUBSCRIBER
Leave comments here.
Leave comments here.
12/09/2019 10:26:05 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Ben, could you send me your email address? Thank you, Coach Hickerson, Dickson County ehickerson@dcstn.org @dudedevil4x4
Ben, could you send me your email address? Thank you,

Coach Hickerson, Dickson County
ehickerson@dcstn.org

@dudedevil4x4
12/11/2019 11:08:28 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
I am in favor of XCTF going to a 3 class breakdown. "A" "AA" and "AAA" would give everyone a fair playing field. The current "small" and "large" class doesn't cut it. The large class is way to saturated with teams and talent and the small class doesn't have near the level competition it used to. Ben did a great job of breaking it down. Enrollment XC Qualifiers Track Qualifiers Class A/AA 0-760 16 8 Class AAA 761-1200 16 8 Class AAAA 1201-2700 16 8
I am in favor of XCTF going to a 3 class breakdown. "A" "AA" and "AAA" would give everyone a fair playing field. The current "small" and "large" class doesn't cut it. The large class is way to saturated with teams and talent and the small class doesn't have near the level competition it used to.

Ben did a great job of breaking it down.

Enrollment XC Qualifiers Track Qualifiers
Class A/AA 0-760 16 8
Class AAA 761-1200 16 8
Class AAAA 1201-2700 16 8
12/12/2019 2:38:47 PM
Admin
SUBSCRIBER
@enh55 @coachcarp84 Thank you both for the positive feedback. I would also add that if the 4-class model is adopted, to further ensure the quality of the state meet it may also be best to reduce the amount of regions (4 regions like sections for track). Essentially A/AA (currently small division) would stay the same with the same amount of participating schools. As we already know 8 regions is too many for the schools that do participate. I would also argue by splitting the current Large division (161 teams) into AAA = 80 teams and AAAA = 80 teams this might also eliminate the necessity for 8 regions as well. The largest large boys regions this season had 19 teams and the smallest had 6. The Largest large girls region this year had 13 teams while again, the smallest had 6. Would 8 regions that take the top 2 teams from 4-8 scoring teams produce the best state meet or would 4 regions that qualify the top 4 (like we already do in track) with 10-16 scoring teams? Just something to consider for the next year as well.
@enh55 @coachcarp84

Thank you both for the positive feedback. I would also add that if the 4-class model is adopted, to further ensure the quality of the state meet it may also be best to reduce the amount of regions (4 regions like sections for track).

Essentially A/AA (currently small division) would stay the same with the same amount of participating schools. As we already know 8 regions is too many for the schools that do participate. I would also argue by splitting the current Large division (161 teams) into AAA = 80 teams and AAAA = 80 teams this might also eliminate the necessity for 8 regions as well.

The largest large boys regions this season had 19 teams and the smallest had 6.
The Largest large girls region this year had 13 teams while again, the smallest had 6.

Would 8 regions that take the top 2 teams from 4-8 scoring teams produce the best state meet or would 4 regions that qualify the top 4 (like we already do in track) with 10-16 scoring teams? Just something to consider for the next year as well.
12/18/2019 11:18:18 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Personally I am a fan of 4 classifications for Track. I still think 3 is to big of gap. i would like to see: A: 0-499 students AA: 500-999 students AAA: 1000-1499 students AAAA: 1500+ students I would also get rid of private schools having their own classification and having them bunched in with whatever group their student population is. I do realize that the 4 classifications will not happen because that would make the State Track meet go a span of 4 days. One can always hope. Just my two cents! See you on the Track!!!!
Personally I am a fan of 4 classifications for Track. I still think 3 is to big of gap. i would like to see:
A: 0-499 students
AA: 500-999 students
AAA: 1000-1499 students
AAAA: 1500+ students

I would also get rid of private schools having their own classification and having them bunched in with whatever group their student population is. I do realize that the 4 classifications will not happen because that would make the State Track meet go a span of 4 days. One can always hope.

Just my two cents!

See you on the Track!!!!
01/29/2020 9:44:37 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Based on comments at the Rules Meetings, does anyone know the cutoff for the proposed AAA, AA and A classifications?
Based on comments at the Rules Meetings, does anyone know the cutoff for the proposed AAA, AA and A classifications?

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.