High school gilrs shot weight?
12/27/2018 5:43:16 PM
User
SUBSCRIBER
I'm confused.... I have a 14 year old daughter that is throwing shot, discus, weight and hammer in high school and in USATF/AAU meets. The confusion comes in when I was told to get her an 8 pound shot and all of my research says she needs a 4k shot. Can anyone help me in this matter? Thanks in advance. signed: dazed and confused...
I'm confused.... I have a 14 year old daughter that is throwing shot, discus, weight and hammer in high school and in USATF/AAU meets. The confusion comes in when I was told to get her an 8 pound shot and all of my research says she needs a 4k shot. Can anyone help me in this matter? Thanks in advance.
signed:
dazed and confused...
12/28/2018 10:09:59 PM
Power User
@Ffsarge1 It is 4K which is 8.8 lbs. Only people in some Junior High competition throw 8 lbs but this is the most confused throwing implement when it comes to HS. Not all Junior High/Middle Schoolers throw this weight however, so check your area. We still catch people, mostly unintentionally, trying to throw with one in HS competition. Keep it though, great for training! Good news for Women, they throw 4K all the way to the Olympics whereas men go from 12lb in HS to 16lb in College/Pro.
@Ffsarge1 It is 4K which is 8.8 lbs. Only people in some Junior High competition throw 8 lbs but this is the most confused throwing implement when it comes to HS. Not all Junior High/Middle Schoolers throw this weight however, so check your area. We still catch people, mostly unintentionally, trying to throw with one in HS competition. Keep it though, great for training! Good news for Women, they throw 4K all the way to the Olympics whereas men go from 12lb in HS to 16lb in College/Pro.
01/13/2019 8:25:13 PM
User
SUBSCRIBER
@utvolxc thank you for the information. I have an update. Here in Tennesses, girls throw a 6 lb in middle school and an 8 lb in high school. She started throwing indoor shot where they use the 4k. Lol she now has a couple of 6 lbs from middle school, Two 8 lb shots, two 4k's and a 10 lb. I think she is covered. Thabk you again.
@utvolxc thank you for the information. I have an update. Here in Tennesses, girls throw a 6 lb in middle school and an 8 lb in high school. She started throwing indoor shot where they use the 4k. Lol she now has a couple of 6 lbs from middle school, Two 8 lb shots, two 4k's and a 10 lb. I think she is covered. Thabk you again.
02/09/2019 12:00:05 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
[quote=Ffsarge1]@utvolxc thank you for the information. I have an update. Here in Tennesses, girls throw a 6 lb in middle school and an 8 lb in high school. She started throwing indoor shot where they use the 4k. Lol she now has a couple of 6 lbs from middle school, Two 8 lb shots, two 4k's and a 10 lb. I think she is covered. Thabk you again. [/quote] You're info is incorrect. High School Girls throw [b]4K[/b]. So, whoever told you 8lb has no idea what they are talking about.
Ffsarge1 wrote:

You're info is incorrect. High School Girls throw 4K. So, whoever told you 8lb has no idea what they are talking about.

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.