Girls D1 state championship
11/05/2018 4:50:34 PM
User
Course security during active races is undeniably lax. Spectators policing spectators. The only locations during the event where TSSAA has a presence is Finish line, awards podium, oh and of course... entry gates where $$$ is being collected. The area of the course where the runners turn out of the gate to the big loop had ZERO TSSAA presence and moments before runners were coming through spectators were either trying to leave trying to come in oblivious and unpoliced. Course markings are also something to be desired. The only PRINTED signage was again at the entry gate telling you the cost of admission, the starting box numbers, and maybe at the finish line and podium. The pink wickets on the course are literally a steel flag marker with duct tape. Even the yellow markers at the tree telling runners where to turn to the finish were duck tape with sharpie marker and were smaller than a half sheet of paper. I didn't know what caused them to turn when they did (I assumed poor course markings) but if its because spectators were standing on the course that is just unacceptable.
Course security during active races is undeniably lax. Spectators policing spectators. The only locations during the event where TSSAA has a presence is Finish line, awards podium, oh and of course... entry gates where $$$ is being collected. The area of the course where the runners turn out of the gate to the big loop had ZERO TSSAA presence and moments before runners were coming through spectators were either trying to leave trying to come in oblivious and unpoliced.

Course markings are also something to be desired. The only PRINTED signage was again at the entry gate telling you the cost of admission, the starting box numbers, and maybe at the finish line and podium. The pink wickets on the course are literally a steel flag marker with duct tape. Even the yellow markers at the tree telling runners where to turn to the finish were duck tape with sharpie marker and were smaller than a half sheet of paper.

I didn't know what caused them to turn when they did (I assumed poor course markings) but if its because spectators were standing on the course that is just unacceptable.
11/06/2018 11:03:37 PM
Power User
SUBSCRIBER
Well said
Well said
11/16/2018 11:10:04 PM
User
SUBSCRIBER
@Jarhead1973 Video footage clearly displays disarray and spectators on the course where they should not be! Ashame that a talented, the STATE CHAMPION lost her title due to disorganization that was totally not her fault!!!
@Jarhead1973
Video footage clearly displays disarray and spectators on the course where they should not be! Ashame that a talented, the STATE CHAMPION lost her title due to disorganization that was totally not her fault!!!
11/24/2018 1:12:45 PM
User
SUBSCRIBER
Nike champion #sashathegrestest, so who cares about state!!
Nike champion #sashathegrestest, so who cares about state!!

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.