Course Questions??
10/27/2018 2:36:35 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Hello, I am reaching out to all coaches, present and former as well as all past TN runners concerning cross country courses in the state. As a former runner and now coach of one of the oldest courses in the state, I am trying to research to see where it ranks in regards to 2 aspects... First, I am trying to find which courses have been in existence the longest. I know the course at Daniel Boone has held meets since 1972 and just recently hosted the 46th Trailblazer Invitational as well as the Region 1 Championships. Secondly I would like to find out how many on-campus courses there are. Thanks for your input! Len Jeffers Daniel Boone High School 423-612-0650
Hello, I am reaching out to all coaches, present and former as well as all past TN runners concerning cross country courses in the state. As a former runner and now coach of one of the oldest courses in the state, I am trying to research to see where it ranks in regards to 2 aspects...

First, I am trying to find which courses have been in existence the longest. I know the course at Daniel Boone has held meets since 1972 and just recently hosted the 46th Trailblazer Invitational as well as the Region 1 Championships.

Secondly I would like to find out how many on-campus courses there are.

Thanks for your input!

Len Jeffers
Daniel Boone High School
423-612-0650
10/29/2018 4:52:31 PM
Power User
@Blazers65 RIP to HVA’s home course. How old is the Bristol course or the state course (course changes to 5k not taken into account). Wonder how long Shelby Farms or Moc Bend have been holding meets. Great question!
@Blazers65 RIP to HVA's home course. How old is the Bristol course or the state course (course changes to 5k not taken into account). Wonder how long Shelby Farms or Moc Bend have been holding meets. Great question!
10/30/2018 1:06:58 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@utvolxc I know Bristol hasn't been in existence as long, and not sure about Shelby Farms or Moc Bend. The only Invitational (in TN)that I can find is older than our Trailblazer Inv is A.F. Bridges. Boone has hosted the Region 1 Champ every year since the early 70's to. Would also like to find out how many on-campus courses there are. Trying to put together some history on our course.
@utvolxc I know Bristol hasn't been in existence as long, and not sure about Shelby Farms or Moc Bend. The only Invitational (in TN)that I can find is older than our Trailblazer Inv is A.F. Bridges. Boone has hosted the Region 1 Champ every year since the early 70's to.

Would also like to find out how many on-campus courses there are. Trying to put together some history on our course.
11/01/2018 9:25:54 AM
Power User
SUBSCRIBER
Steeplechase has hosted the State Meet since the middle 70s. We switched to a legit 5K course in 2005. (I think--it's hard to remember now, but that seems right. Could have been 2006, since we had to go through a statewide vote at the time.) This doesn't answer your question, Len, but Farragut had an on-campus course when we were kids. Now that space is filled with the elementary and middle schools. I cannot think of any other school course either from my time as a runner in the 90s or as a coach from the 90s through 2017 except for HVA's, which now holds a middle school. Remember the barbed wire section of your course from the early 80s? Boy, I do.
Steeplechase has hosted the State Meet since the middle 70s. We switched to a legit 5K course in 2005. (I think--it's hard to remember now, but that seems right. Could have been 2006, since we had to go through a statewide vote at the time.)

This doesn't answer your question, Len, but Farragut had an on-campus course when we were kids. Now that space is filled with the elementary and middle schools. I cannot think of any other school course either from my time as a runner in the 90s or as a coach from the 90s through 2017 except for HVA's, which now holds a middle school.

Remember the barbed wire section of your course from the early 80s? Boy, I do.
11/01/2018 10:02:44 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@AEtheridge The only other course that I can think of that may be on campus, or maybe it's just adjacent, is macon County. Yes and barb wire section up heartbreak hill is still there.
@AEtheridge

The only other course that I can think of that may be on campus, or maybe it's just adjacent, is macon County. Yes and barb wire section up heartbreak hill is still there.
11/01/2018 10:57:28 AM
Power User
@AEtheridge It was definitely in 05. That was my senior fall.
@AEtheridge It was definitely in 05. That was my senior fall.
11/02/2018 10:38:45 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@utvolxc Baylor would be on campus?
@utvolxc Baylor would be on campus?

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.