Knoxville, TN - The goal for the KYA Time Trials Presented by ON-Running have always been to run fast as a final preparation before Footlocker/Nike. This year is going to maybe the fastest year in the ON-Running has stepped up not only to support the meet but bring a more exciting experience for all the athletes including supporting Live Streaming of the event by Slipstream Live for the first time!
The meet will be 11/22 (Friday night) at Hardin Valley Academy's freshly resurfaced track which is reported to be very fast. Over 300 athletes are expected this year across Elementary/Middle and High School Divisions. This meet has included 16 Footlocker Finalists and 2 NXN Team Qualifiers in 11 years, more than any other meet in TN. With this group, that list may climb to 20 individuals and maybe a team!
On 11/21 (Thursday) at The Long Run
several professional athletes from Zap Endurance
will be on hand to meet athletes, coaches and fans who want to drop by. They can check out the very popular running podcast "The Deadhead and the Engineer
" at 7PM where the pro athletes and a couple special guests will be interviewed about the meet. Pizza will be available!
EARLY MEET PREVIEW (Will be updated the morning of the meet with updated entries)
This year may be the fastest and deepest girls race ever on TN soil. Last fall, plans began to fall into place to make a major attempt on the state and meet record of 9:59 set by Rebecca Story in 2017. Lead pace is setup for sub-5 through 1600.
Committed Top Athletes:
- Dobyns Bennett (2019 TSSAA Large School State Champion, 15th 2018 Nike Cross Nationals) Ranked #17 on Milesplit 50 - 4:55 Mile/10:26 2Mile
- Science Hill (2018 Footlocker Nationals 9th Place, #1 1Mile Time in TN History) Ranked #18 on Milesplit 50 - 4:43 Mile/10:25 2Mile
- Page HS (2019 TSSAA Large School Runner-Up) 4:53 1Mile/10:37 2Mile
- Cookeville HS (2018 KYA Time Trials Champion, 15th 2018 FL South) 5:00 1600/10:39 2Mile
- Maryville HS (2019 TSSAA Large School 3200m Runner-Up) 5:03 1600/10:50 3200
The boys race features returning champion and Footlocker National Qualifier Silas Winders of Henry County. Silas is coming off of his first TSSAA XC Championship, he has a goal of breaking the meet record of 8:54 by Aaron Templeton in 2013 and possibly going under 8:50. One of the favorites not only to qualify for Footlocker but place in an All-American position, he comes in with an 8:58 PR to break. Lead Pace is setup for 4:24-26.
Committed Top Athletes:
- Henry County (2019 TSSAA Large School Champion, 2018 KYA Time Trials Champion) 4:12 1Mile/8:58 3200
- Science Hill (2019 TSSAA Large School 7th Place) 4:33 1600/9:38 2Mile
- Hardin Valley Academy (2019 TSSAA #2 Sophomore Overall) 4:34 1600/9:42 3200
- CSTHEA Patriots - (Undefeated 2019 XC Season, 4th best XC Time in TN) 4:20 1Mile/9:45 3200
Join the excitement and register today!