It's been a busy day on the first day of the National Letter of Intent regular signing date, which signals a nearly four month period for graduating track and field athletes to sign with interested NCAA programs.
The regular period gives athletes who didn't get a chance to sign during the week-long window from Nov. 9-16 to firm their commitments to the teams they've promised in the time since.
Check out milesplit.com/signings for all recent signings.
Here are three major signings from today and a few more who plan to sign in the coming weeks:
Signed and delivered:
- Alex Miley, Maple Grove (MN) High, Duke University: 5K/distance
- Paul Dellinger, Brighton (NY) High, Duke University: 5K/distance
- Elijah Gifford, Austin St. Michaels (Tx.) high, Baylor University: 110m & 300m hurdles
- Patrick Parker, American Fork (UT), BYU: 5K/distance
- Casey Clinger, American Fork (UT), BYU: 5K/distance
- McKay Johns, American Fork (UT), BYU: 5k/distance
- Haden Penrod, Springville (UT), BYU: Mid-distance