Over 1000 of the Tennessee’s finest Middle School athletes descended on Knoxville this past Saturday for the Tennessee State Middle School State Championships...
In 2006, when the first official Tennessee Middle School State Championship was run (pun intended), 222 athletes and 8 girls/9 boys teams competed for rights for a state...
Additional InformationELIGIBILITY / DIVISIONS:
This is a Tennessee State Championship meet for Tennessee middle school aged athletes only. You must be in the 6th, 7th or 8th grade to compete. Any athlete that has competed at the High School level (Varsity or Junior Varsity) prior to the regional qualifier or state meet will not be eligible to compete. Teams and / or individuals must qualify to compete in this championship meet through designated regional qualifying races. There will be a special open elementary school race (grades 3,4,5) which will precede Middle School races.
Middle School Varsity Division - Open to all Tennessee Middle School Athletes (grades 6,7,8) that have qualified at a regional qualifier either as a member of a top 5 team or top 25 individual. Teams - only your top 7 runners should be entered in the varsity race.
Middle School Junior Varsity Division - Open to all Tennessee Middle School Athletes of teams that have qualified at a regional qualifier (grades 6,7,8). This division is only for those qualified teams with more than 7 runners. All remaining runners outside of your top 7 should be entered in the JV Division.
Elementary School Division - Open to all Tennessee Elementary School athletes (grades 3-5). The elementary school race is one mile in length and team scores will be kept. All members of elementary school teams must attend the same school.
TMSSAA MEMBER SCHOOLS
Please note that the Tennessee Middle School Cross Country Championships is a post (TMSSAA) season invitational meet. Teams and individuals competing in Tennessee Middle School Cross Country Championships are selected through a set of five regional qualifying events. Teams must be made up of members of the same middle school team and must compete as a club-team from that school or as unattached runners. Composite or "All-Star" teams are not allowed. However home school teams are allowed.
STATE MEET QUALFYING CRITERIA:
> Teams / Individuals must qualify at only one of the Regional Meets listed below - according to the Region Boundaries detailed on the map below.
> Top 5 teams (boys and girls) and the top 25 individuals outside of the top 5 teams qualify for the State Championships
> Qualifying teams are limited to thier top 7 runners for the state varsity race.
> The balance above 7 will be placed in the JV race.
1. If your respective school district designates 5th graders as MS - then they can run MS without restrictions.
2. If your school has 5th graders on the same campus as your MS and you DO NOT have enough runners to field a complete scoring MS team (5 runners) then you may use that 5th grader.
3. Under no circumstances are 4th graders allowed to run up to MS.
4. Independent or UNATT 5th graders may NOT run up.
Greetings and congratulations on qualifying to participate in the 2012 Tennessee State Middle School Cross Country Championships. I hope that your travels will be safe to Victor Ashe Park in Knoxville and best wishes to all participants. Please take some time to review Pre-Meet instructions below so that you are better informed as to the procedures and conduct of the meet.
1. Please make sure you arrive at Victor Ashe Park early enough to park, pick up you packet and set up your team area. The first race will commence at 11:00 AM with the Elementary School girls race.
> For meet schedule and meet information:
> Course Maps
2. Team Tents may be set up around the periphery of the soccer fields - no tents will be allowed close to the staring - finish line or below the steps leading to the soccer fields
3. You may pick up your packets / bibs / pins upon arrival at the concession stand window > across from the rest rooms
4. There will be starting box assignments for the Middle School races only > You may pick up these assignments at the concession stand with your packets. Elementary school races will line up on an open starting line.
5. Rest Rooms are available at the park as well as Porta-Johns. Please do not create lines at the rest rooms as Portas are as clean as the rest rooms. Portas will be located across the parking lot from the Rest Rooms.
6. Official State meet T-shirts and Hoodies will be on sale under the Picnic Shelter while supplies last. Apparel will also be available at the meet site Friday afternoon.
7. Spectators and Coaches: You are free to roam the course > however you MAY NOT in any way shape form or fashion run next to an athlete >>> this is considered pacing and may result in a disqualification. Spectators / Coaches will not be allowed to congregate in any area adjacent to the finish chute > past the actual finish line. No exceptions !! Failure to comply will result in meet management having to escort you from the field via security. Remember this is about the kids having a clear and unobstructed flow through the finish > not a snapshot for the scrapbook or your unofficial tick sheet score.
8. Awards - Elementary Awards will be distributed at the end of the chute while Middle School awards will be distributed below the stairs to the soccer field.
9. Meet Coverage provided by TenneesseRunner.com - tn.milesplit.com/ There will be full video coverage of the race from the lead vehicle, finish line cam, and post race interviews.
10. Meet Results - there will be only one copy of the complete results by race posted outside the concession stand. You take it down > everyone else looses. Complete results will be posted @ tn.milesplit.com/ and knoxvilleyouthathletics.org/results
11. When we being to race on Saturday (11:00) the course WILL be closed for ALL warm-ups. Coaches you may use the running trail around the soccer field for warm-ups but all non-competing athletes must clear the course once the Elementary School Races start.
Thank you for you time and the effort you have put forth to help athletes reach this championship meet. Best wishes to all and for a great State MS Champs.
- TennesseeRunner.com /KYA Middle School XC State Championship 2012
Created by tn37302, 3 replies