Track Classification Proposal
05/15/2018 1:59:38 PM
Power User
SUBSCRIBER
Last year I invited coaches from across the state to participate in a meeting where we would discuss and vote on a better classification system than the one that was implemented this year. 40+ coaches were in attendance with more there in spirit and we agreed that 3 classes, divided evenly, by PARTICIPATING SCHOOLS (schools that have a track program and compete at state qualifiers) was the best option for our sport. State qualifiers would be 8, 8, and 16 for A-AA-AAA respectively. Education and I have parted ways but my interest and involvement in Track and Field remained. I have passed all the research and documentation leading up to last year’s meeting to Greeneville’s Head Coach Larry Blalock. He needs more schools on the proposal than just his own. Please contact him at blalockl@gcsschools.net to get your school on the proposal. Next season will remain in the 2 class system as it is now but this can take affect for the 2019-2020 and 2020-2021 competitive seasons if we get this in front of the board of control.
Last year I invited coaches from across the state to participate in a meeting where we would discuss and vote on a better classification system than the one that was implemented this year. 40+ coaches were in attendance with more there in spirit and we agreed that 3 classes, divided evenly, by PARTICIPATING SCHOOLS (schools that have a track program and compete at state qualifiers) was the best option for our sport. State qualifiers would be 8, 8, and 16 for A-AA-AAA respectively.

Education and I have parted ways but my interest and involvement in Track and Field remained. I have passed all the research and documentation leading up to last year's meeting to Greeneville's Head Coach Larry Blalock. He needs more schools on the proposal than just his own. Please contact him at blalockl@gcsschools.net to get your school on the proposal.

Next season will remain in the 2 class system as it is now but this can take affect for the 2019-2020 and 2020-2021 competitive seasons if we get this in front of the board of control.
07/12/2018 1:20:15 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
I know this is an old post, but could you possibly break down how the three class structure would be set up? I'm interested in knowing more about this.
I know this is an old post, but could you possibly break down how the three class structure would be set up? I'm interested in knowing more about this.
07/16/2018 9:58:07 AM
Power User
SUBSCRIBER
@DustinSikes http://tn.milesplit.com/articles/242059-a-case-study-on-the-current-two-class-system see last slide. If you want more in depth research and email exchanges I've had with TSSAA officials post your email and I can send you my zip file that has it all.
@DustinSikes

http://tn.milesplit.com/articles/242059-a-case-study-on-the-current-two-class-system

see last slide. If you want more in depth research and email exchanges I've had with TSSAA officials post your email and I can send you my zip file that has it all.

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.