The first Milesplit50 rankings were released this past week, and Brentwood's Brodey Hasty is near the top.
Hasty is ranked as the No. 3 athlete entering the 2018 indoor season. He is only behind Kyle Garland and Tyrese Cooper in the inaugural rankings.
Hasty is the defending national champion in the 3200 meters. Additionally, he's the top returner in the nation for 3k, 3200 and mile races.
A few weeks ago at Nike Cross Nationals, Hasty finished in second place. In 2016, he was the second runner up at NXN as a junior
The Milesplit50 is a new rankings system based on multiple different criteria. These are subjective rankings of the top 50 athletes across all indoor track and field events.
This is the criteria our national staff will look at when compiling these rankings:
- IAAF points for ballpark numbers to compare performances across different events
- Returning indoor track & field rankings
- Significant wins/results in previous indoor seasons
- More weight on "championship" events (I took stats and performances from ALL events into consideration, but championship events are more important at the national level)
- Participation in relays
- 2018 indoor track & field results
- Indoor competition frequency (these are rankings for indoor track & field, not necessarily the best all around XC/indoor/outdoor athletes)
Rebecca Story is on the bubble of the girls rankings for week one. As indoor season gets started in Tennessee next month, we'll keep you updated on their progress in these national rankings.